LUDERITZ – WALVISBAY
34,000km2 of sand dunes lie stretched out amidst the world’s oldest desert, ready to be driven.
Strict Government control and limited number of permits allows for a nearly exclusive experience.
Imagine a complete submersion in nature, six days of wild camping and dune bashing. A wilderness unlike any other and a complete digital detox.
The Namib Sand Sea is our favourite playground and heaven for avid off-roaders, only accessible by capable four-wheel-drive vehicles. The route is designed to be progressive and even though prior experience in sand driving would assist, absolutely no experience is required.
Our guides are experienced and knowledgeable about most vehicles on the market, their capabilities and how to help clients improve their overall 4×4 driving skills.
Each night’s wild camping will depend on the convoy’s progress for the day. There is no predetermined wild camping location.
OUR TOUR PACKAGES
TRY OUR STANDARD TOUR
The general tour starts from N$ 14,500.00 per person
and a minimum of 12 paying adults is applicable.
A 25% deposit of the total is payable upon booking to secure your dates.
Lüderitz Engen Fuel Station
S 26° 39’12.5’’ E 015° 09’26.1’’
Depart Luderitz and head off road for a full day of adrenaline pumping dune driving and conclude the day with a real Namibian barbeque under the night sky.
A full day’s dune driving rich in Sperrgebiet history. This day ends with a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean at Sylvia Hill
S25° 08’04.2” E014°51’21.3”
Technical dunes are tackled as the convoy heads north along the top of the famous Langewand stretch where 200m high dunes merge with the Atlantic Ocean. Truly a sight to behold. This thrilling day ends with a camp on the beach for the night.
After breakfast and more dune driving, abandoned mining towns are explored and the day is concluded with the Eduard Bohlen Shipwreck in the distance.
From the Eduard Bohlen the convoy heads to Conception Bay and then Sandwich Harbour for the last night.
Enjoy the final hours of desert driving before heading back into civilization around mid-day.
Accommodation for the last night in Walvis Bay is to be organised by participants. On request Travel Uncharted can organize accommodation for you.
• Three meals per day
• Professional tour guide and assistants
• Recovery gear for onsite recovery
• Two-way radios for communication between all vehicles
• Communal camping equipment
All government levies and concession fees
(Prices for concession fees, taxes, park fees may be changed without prior notice. Third-party fluctuations cannot be held against Travel Uncharted Tours CC)
Fully Inclusive Tours can be arranged upon request and quoted for seperately.
• All snacks between meals and drinks are for own account
• Transport to and from Namibia
• Fuel for your own vehicle
• Travel Insurance and Vehicle Insurance
• Accommodation pre- and post-tour is not included in the rate above.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS / WHAT TO PACK
Luderitz – Walvis Bay
• 4×4 Vehicle in good condition with relevant sand-driving tyres and wheel sizes (no tubes in tyres)
• Vehicles require suitable recovery points front and rear. Both are very important and will be used.
• Minimum fuel for Petrol cars 200-220 liters and Diesel 160 – 180 liters total.
• Two Large bags (30kg+) of firewood per car.
• Each vehicle needs to take at least 20 liters of water for the kitchen and shower water for themselves
• Electric tyre pump and a tyre gauge
• Tent, sleeping bag/bedroll
• Camping chair
• Torch with extra batteries per person
• Own alcohocolic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks for between meals
• Good hat, sunglasses, suntan lotion, beanies, scarfs
• The Namib hosts all seasons in one day, pack for both Winter and Summer
• Prescribed medicine if required
• Camera equipment, video cameras, Go-Pros, etc.
• Tool kit (especially if there is anything specific to your vehicle) and a jack
• Spare fan belt, lubricants and fluids for your vehicle
• Please note that is now a regualtion that Plastic Carry Bags (shopping bags) are banned from the Namib Naukluft National Park Kindly opt for brown paper bags or reusable bags instead. Large garden or camping bags are allowed to carry waste for these tours.
FULL MONTY – ALL INCLUSIVE
- EMAIL US FOR A QUOTE